Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 10:49 PM EDT
16 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Ktbone (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM EDT (Read 14534 times)  

Greetings all,

I just want to take this opportunity to introduce myself, I go by the user ID Ktbone but you are welcome to call my Keith.
I am a NH native that grew up fishing in my backyard on the Souhegan river in Milford, and many of the small streams in the area.  I have always loved to fish but it was not until last year that I developed a desire to explore fly fishing (O.K. more of an obsession). My intro to fly fishing was trolling for salmon on Sebago lake with some friends and catching that first salmon on a light fly rod got me hooked (sorry for the pun).
I spent the late summer and fall learning to cast on mostly flat water for pan fish and bass, and managed to snag a few late season brookies and rainbows.   Now with the new season starting I am realizing how much assistance I am going to need from my fellow anglers. There is only so much you can learn from a book, you need someone to show you and point out your errors. I also spent the winter teaching myself to tie; that I have had much more luck with, and can produce some passable flies (at least the fish think so)

So I was referred to this forum by Ziggy and told that this is a much more approachable and friendly group than that other local fly fishing forum.   So I’m hoping to learn a lot, make some friends, and give back in kind when I am able.
I look forward to meeting you all.
Tight lines,
Keith

-Keith
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ktbone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6
mind...back in a
minute
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM EDT  

Welcome to the Site Kieth, glad you found it ok,  i think you will like it here these guys are all great guys full of information and knowledge on flyfishing .Clapping

+Hunting and Fishing "Thats What I Do"

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: T_Bone (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM EDT  

Keith,

You have stumbled upon an a forum full of fisherman that are here to help.  This is what you were seeking and we are at your service.  Always looking to make new friends and new fisherman.

Theron

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM EDT  

Keith Welcome to the site, you now have full access to the forum.  As others have said it is very friendly here, may be a little to friendly when it comes to Koda and the like, but we all think of the site as a brotherhood, just a good bunch of people that really like each other.

ENJOY

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

P.S.  Any questions just ask.

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Dave V (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM EDT  

Keith let me jump in and give you a big welcome to Lee's site. The folks here are great down to earth folks. i will guarantee they will do what ever it takes to make you feel welcome and help you with your fly fishing needs. I am willing to bet they will invite you to go fishing with them.  There is a ton of info here  and we are always looking for more to contribute. So jump right in and join the fun.  Please don't be shy . Again welcome . Dave V

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Koda (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM EDT  

Keith, Welcome to the family! Watch out for Lee, Dave & Koda, they're all nuts Eek! Hey, wait a minute, I just greased myself!  You'll like it here, we mix it up, share info, and have fun. And that, is what life is all about Mr. Green

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: stephen (offline)  Wednesday, March 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM EDT  

Hi Keith

Welcome aboard....We will move down and make room for you in the pool.

The folks here are helpful...Need to know..just post.

Happy Fishing and Tying

Forum Salmon
Salmon

stephen

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: Fish Carva (offline)  Thursday, March 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM EDT  

Welcome aboard!

When did you live in Milford? I grew up there as well. You might be a younger than I. When I was a kid the Souhegan stretch through Milford was nasty polluted. Once in a great while you might catch a trout behind the old IGA. They must have drifted down from the upper stretches. Back then that whole area behind the old Ames and IGA was all farm fields in the 70's. It was pretty along the river. It it wasn't for the stinky water you would think you were up north on a pristine river. Much different river now as you know.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Fish Carva

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Ktbone (offline)  Thursday, March 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM EDT  

Fish Carva aka Paul Wentzell?  If so we are the same age, we went to school together!   I think I remember being in class with you as early as 2nd grade.

I grew up down by the dam (Swing bridge) on Souhegan St. and yeah that river was a stanky mess, lots of big pickeral and eels though.   I did most of my trout fishing in the brook leading to Railroad pond up by the old pumping station.  Then I mostly hunted bass on Osgood pond and Twins Quarry.

To everyone else thank you for the kind welcome this looks to be exactly the kind of group I was looking for.  Oh and Koda, your reputation precedes youEek!

I'm sure to be posting up all sorts of questions, comments, and hopefully some pix soon.

Thanks again,

Keith

-Keith
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ktbone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6
mind...back in a
minute
By: Koda (offline)  Thursday, March 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM EDT  

Quote by: Ktbone

........  Oh and Koda, your reputation precedes youEek!

Keith

I'd say it's all lies, but I'm sure you ain't gonna believe it Big Grin

I lived in Temple for a stretch on Fish road, and then over in New Ipswich.  I hunted the snot out of Kidder Mountain and took some nice bucks out of there. I know the area you guys are talking about well.

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
16 posts :: Page 1 of 2