Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 02:24 AM EDT
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Dave V (offline)  Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM EST (Read 1634 times)  

Today it was in the mid 50s and cloudy.  I couldn't take it any longer. I grabbed my gear and headed to the stream. Not far from here. Just up the road in fact.  I decided today would be a good day to test out the waters by the golf course.  I suited up and hit the stream . The skies were over cast and looked like rain could be headed my way.  I didn't bother to change my fly from the last time I was out. A torn up Renegade Made a few cast to what I thought was prime water . No takes no rises. So I decided it was best if I headed up stream by the Canyon Lake Dam. A bit of a hike but I thought i was up for it. When I got to the dam  my eye caught  a couple fly fisherman already in my favorite spot. So I walked around to check out the lake . Forgetting it was Dec and when I got there it was frozen over. I chuckled to myself at my stupidity. Hey it was in the 50's after all. So I turned around headed back to the golf course. About this time I realized my leg was getting tired as well as my lungs, After all it has been a spell sense I put my legs to work. Like this anyway. I remembered a spot in the summer I wanted to try but was always to weedy to attempt a cast.  So I limped over and came to the little stretch I was thinking of trying . The leafs had all fallen making it possible for me to get a roll cast . On about the 5Th cast I hooked a Brown about 10 inches long. I played him for about 30 seconds and he came off. Not to discouraged I made a few more cast and hooked and landed a Wild Brown about 8 inches. Pretty little fish. Nice and fat. After this fish the fly was looking really sad . So I tied on a CDC emerger . 1ST cast another little Brown. Landed and released none the wear.  About this time the rain and winds picked up. Can you believe the rumble of thunder. Crazy weather for Dec to say the least.  So i moved back down stream headed for the truck . Along the way I found a nice pocket and tried it out . Caught and landed another Wild Brown. About 6 inches or so but very fat.  I left that pocket water and headed out. I came across a lad who told me his buddy was using streamers. He landed a couple 14 inch browns. All sings to me the stream is very healthy. With all the attention on DIDIMO . It is good to see the Browns in different stages of the life cycle With a little help from mother nature and a bit of snow pack it could be another good year for the trout . Maybe chance to get back some trophy Browns.  I fished one more stretch before the winds pushed me off and I landed another Brown about 10 inches long. All in all a good day to get some fresh air and a bit of a work out. Hell it felt so good to get out again . Dave V

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Friday, December 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM EST  

Congrts Dave way to get out there and get it done Smile souonds like your weather pattern is weird like ours have been over here on east coast......

+Hunting and Fishing "Thats What I Do"

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Friday, December 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM EST  

Dave

Way to go, sounds like you had a great day.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Friday, December 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM EST  

Nice Dave, very nice!  Be late April, maybe May before I do that gig up here Mr. Green

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: Dave V (offline)  Friday, December 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM EST  

Quote by: LeeGoldsmith

Dave

Way to go, sounds like you had a great day.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee it felt so good to get out there  . Nice to unwind in mother nature. Zig you got that right weather all over is a bit out of whack.  Heck SD was warmer then FL a couple weeks ago. New Mexico had a blizzard . Something isn't right. I will take the 50's anyday don't get me wrong . But I have to say I am a little worried to what this summer might bring. We surley don't want another drought.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1