Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Saturday, December 14 2019 @ 05:58 AM EST
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM EST (Read 786 times)  

hunt with randy va    Mr. Green

This will be less me typing and more you viewing part of the trip these are all taken between Pa., Md,and VA. enjoy it was some nice stuff to see Smile

and lastly some Bone my buddy gave me and one we found while looking for my deer was pretty chewed but i took any ways. i wanna find ways to make stuff out of them so i am gonna do some hard horn hunting come a few weeks from now Smile

+Hunting and Fishing "Thats What I Do"

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: Koda (offline)  Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM EST  

GEEZ Ziggy! That's one Hell of a pile of deer in them pictures. From your camera position it looks like the far brush row would be a dandy place for a stand. A good place to open em up like a tuna can with those "Uspeakable Devastation" broad heads Mr. Green

The other shot that got me right over the edge is the one with all them ducks. Lock & load em drop em and chop em!  I was watching 178 last night and the boys were lightin up snow geese. OMG! The more they shot the more come in. The sky was black with em. When the shootin stopped I'd guess they had well over a hundred piled up and they didn't even make a dent in the quarter million that were trying to land on them.

The first pass on the NH deer kill is in. Numbers are up in the Southern part of the state, down in our areas, pitiful up in Pittsburgh. It would seem the dumbest of the dumb would see the light concerning the Northern tier buck law. Instead of getting the Southern boys to come up to the big woods it makes more sense to stick em right there in the neighbors yard. Go figure.

I'm slobbering all over a PSE Brute X package and I'm thinking Brians Archery will be where I'll get one. Had a buddy that dealt with him and according to old Jim, Brian is a God with tuning compound bows.

There's a dude over in Doodleberry, Smith River Trading Post that is supposed to be a wonder with the bows too, but I don't know what he carries or much about him. You ever hear of him? Be closer than Brian's if he cuts muster.

Few months it will be time to go after Tommy 3 Toes, and the trout fishing will be prime. Come on Spring! Big Grin

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM EST  

Quote by: Koda

Few months it will be time to go after Tommy 3 Toes, and the trout fishing will be prime. Come on Spring! Big Grin

I will second that thought Koda.  Come on Spring.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM EST  

The trading post closed down brians i have never delt with purchase wise but did shoot at his indoor range the cool screen type that if i ever become rich will have one installed in my house big viedo game with real archery equipment in many diffrent hunting situations makes practing for the real thing as close as possible . yep those were actually geese hard to tell but many ducks mixed in you could not see that was directly across the street from the 3 fields we could see from road but couldn't get pics so i concintrated on the one field and i whistled and they all took off i was couple hundred yards out . there were prob 150  deer in view in the 3 fields

They do hunt the rows in between the fields thats there ambush spots and the deer get pushed back and forth from property to property my buddy says sometimes he feels bad for the groups of does 8 will go by 4-5 shots 4 come back threw go to other property 5-6 shots 2 come back 2-3 shots 1 comes back goes over to other spot boom  small herd wiped out .... good in a way but kinda a slaughter house i perfer archery and feel its the best way to harvest a deer just a deeper connection to me when its the bow then when its with gun/ ML .

The fenced bucks were very impressive 2 to have about 15 little ladies to hang with my buddy says it was new since he was out that way . guess its a deer farm  which is funny cause every where you look it looks like a deer farm already to this northerner LOL

Gettsburg was cool to see . and some of the other historical stuff around there my buddy used to metal detect and find all kinds of stuff from the era he found where boys from nh had stayed found a button with NH seal on it looked it up and it was a camp NH guys stayed in . Pretty cool stuff

Morse is where we just got our new bows in Hillsboro he had many types pse hoyt matthews parker etc... i feel buying from a dealer that carrys many models are simply better people to deal with then someone that pushes one or two models JMO. From Hill to hillsboro 50 min and you would have to drive right by my house to get there i mean right by Smile just saying the guy has treated us right and has been here since i was a kid which is like eon's and eon's GrampsLaughing Out LoudLaughing Out LoudLaughing Out Loud I know brians has also been around a long time . Wildlife taxidermy used to be good but in my opinion went way down hill after bob was killed ;( . i would go shoot all the new bows in your price range they all make awesome equipment .

PS: Wink I owned 3 PSE before switching to matthews just prefrence thing would switch back in a heartbeat if i found something i liked for same money i was willing to spend . imo nothing is as quiet smoother or vibration free as my Z7 and it could be due to my style or what ever it is just the one that felt the best 1st then shot the best 2nd then looked the best 3rd . i research stuff like this big time when your looking to spend upwards to 1500.00 for a piece of equipment you should at least plan on having min of 5 years i get one every 10 now but use to be every 5 you could buy a new bow now and be perfectly good for the rest of your life ..... recurve is next i want to harvest a deer that way at least once and i don't care size or sex just harvest a deer with true stick and string

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM EST  

Quote by: LeeGoldsmith

Quote by: Koda

I will second that thought Koda.  Come on Spring.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Rivers and streams in Nh open back up in 11 days Smile we'll be fishing in no time Smile ha ha . Looking to go up to the ct river in about 2 weeks to hit the ice for big pike.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1