Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 02:20 AM EDT
19 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Kype (offline)  Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM EDT (Read 8407 times)  

Hi guys!

It has been a difficult few days but I am getting through the knee surgery OK.  

I think Lee's has a great locatuion for our small stream fishing thread to take hold.  As soon I can I will post some small stream adventures.  In the mean time I hope many of you will put up some recounts of your small stream adventures here.  I think they will be appreciated.

Back to ice ice ice elevate elevate elevate!  

Tight Lines!

Bobby

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Kype

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: stephen (offline)  Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM EDT  

Hi Kype

Glad to hear the the worst is over for the knee. Soon you will be back

to the rough trails, slippery rocks and tight lines.

Happy Fishing and Tying

Forum Salmon
Salmon

stephen

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: T_Bone (offline)  Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM EDT  

Kype,

Sorry to see your opinions were unappreciated elsewhere.  S#!t happens I guess.

So about this surgery...  Arthroscopy?  Knee replacement?  What's up?  Are you going to be laid up a while?  I was kind of hoping to meet you at some point.

I hope your recovery is swift and as painless as possible.  It is painful enough being stuck away from the things you love (The water, with fish in it!).

Theron

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Kype (offline)  Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM EDT  

Quote by: T_Bone22581

Kype,

Sorry to see your opinions were unappreciated elsewhere.  S#!t happens I guess.

So about this surgery...  Arthroscopy?  Knee replacement?  What's up?  Are you going to be laid up a while?  I was kind of hoping to meet you at some point.

I hope your recovery is swift and as painless as possible.  It is painful enough being stuck away from the things you love (The water, with fish in it!).

Theron

Theron!

I'll be up and about soon enough, it was arthroscopy.   

Yah!  I want to meet you as well.  I met Nic at ziggy's and he is a nice fellow also.  

That fellow on the other channel has been quite jellous of me for some time........I'll tell the story to you guys if you really want to know but I will not bore people here.  

Lee is a good host and wants to see some of your brook trout and other small stream outings which apparently were not appreciated brought over here as he has set up a section for us!  Thanks Lee!  

It should be fun to enjoy fly fishing where it is appreciated and I doubt we will miss being over there at all.

Ziggy is interested in fly tying instruction and I have done that for many years.  Perhaps this winter we can meet at my old shop site at my home and do that.  My room is 20ft X 20 ft and designed for it.  It would be fun to have a good crowed to hang with.

Tight Lines!

Bobby 

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Kype

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Nic (offline)  Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM EDT  

Kype,

I hope your recovery goes as quickly and pain free as possible.  I suppose I'll have to get out and do some extra fishing since you'll be unable Razz  In fact, I'll be heading out to a small local brook tomorrow AM for a few hours where I"m guaranteed to catch beautiful NH brookies!  I'll be sure to post pictures an a report as soon as possible!

-Nic

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Nic

Group Comfort
Level:
By: T_Bone (offline)  Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM EDT  

Kype,

Your offer is very generous!  I can not wait to take you up on it.  I am having so much fun tying flies, and I think I'm off to a good start at the moment.  I can only imagine what some proffesional help would yield.

I'm also excited to fish with you as well, when that day comes.  What did they tell you 6 weeks or so before you'd be back up to no good?  Some PT?  Arthroscopies are amazing!  What they can repair now threw a couple of little holes is just mind numbing.

I work in a surgical related field if you were wondering.

Theron

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM EDT  

This is one of the beutiful wild brook trout we catch in my neck of the woods.

Yes this will be a well used spot for my self, I will have many posts here.

Nic good luck look forward to the report sorry to back out the wife wanted to do breakfast and offered to take me to the sugarSmile i want to explore that more and will for a few hours today , I also will have a report.

T-Bone kype is a great teacher, i havn't learned how to tie from him yet but look forward to it . and to fish with him has always been a pleasureSmile

+Hunting and Fishing "Thats What I Do"

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
By: T_Bone (offline)  Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM EDT  

FYI....  For anyone not aware.  Ziggy can catch fish in MUD PUDDLES!!!  Yes you heard that right MUD PUDDLESLaughing Out Loud

I find it amazing that he finds these brook trout in streams, the kind you can hop across.  Holy s#%t, it is amazing!  Maybe it isn't as amazing to people that have trout fished for years, but I was astounded. :wtf:

Theron

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Monday, August 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM EDT  

Kype

Thanks for starting this thread, people should be aware that there is a forum for the "Wild Trout and Small Stream Discussed Here".  Another route for you and others is to post an Article under the topic of "Fishing Stories".  It is easy to do and I will post a quick post in this thread on how to do it.  I will make all the new users "Story Submitters" so all you need to do is click on "Submit an Article" to get started.  But wait until I can get a few instructions up for you guys.  Maybe by later today if I can sneak a little time her at work.

Thanks again for starting this Kype.

See Yah

Thanks

Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Kype (offline)  Monday, August 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM EDT  

Quote by: LeeGoldsmith

Kype

Thanks for starting this thread, people should be aware that there is a forum for the "Wild Trout and Small Stream Discussed Here".  Another route for you and others is to post an Article under the topic of "Fishing Stories".  It is easy to do and I will post a quick post in this thread on how to do it.  I will make all the new users "Story Submitters" so all you need to do is click on "Submit an Article" to get started.  But wait until I can get a few instructions up for you guys.  Maybe by later today if I can sneak a little time her at work.

Thanks again for starting this Kype.

See Yah

Thanks

Lee

Lee If I were on my game I would have posted it in the right section but the drugs they have given me are kick butt! Smile

If you can move it to the proper section I don't think any of us would mind.  Thanks again for providing a space for the Small Stream Angler to enjoy.  

I understand the other channel gave you a hard time when you asked if it was to be offered there?  Is that right?

If so it is there loss and I am delighted to have the space here.  I believe others feel the same.  Thanks again for your sensitivity to the needs of posters.

Guys, thank you all for the concern for my knee and it will take time to get back on the stream, no doubt about it.  I found 3 holes in my knee and the doc told me there was far more damage than she thought.  I hope to get better before the close of the season and get together with the bunch of you for some fly fishing and make a plan for winter activities.  Thanks again all!  Now let's see more of those beautiful fall brook trout! Smile 

Bobby

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Kype

Group Comfort
Level:
19 posts :: Page 1 of 2