Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Sunday, May 12 2024 @ 05:42 PM EDT
17 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: caddisfly4 (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM EDT (Read 6961 times)  

Just got back from the Ausable River in New York. Great place and I'll be going back for sure. We stayed in The Hungry Trout Resort. The rooms were large and the package we bought included a full breakfast at a choice of 3 restaurants as well as dinner (great menu) including an appetizer, main course and dessert, all for $94.00 plus tax. We ate in their restaurant but they also have a pub on the property as well as a fly shop. They lease out a one mile stretch of water only 8 rods per day allowed for a fee of $50.00 about a fifteen minute ride. The majority of the fish were browns. Some of the guys did catch bows and all of us caught brookies very small 6 to 8". The browns went from 10 to 20"  that we caught but I heard of bigger fish. The browns had shoulders, no racers and all even the 12 and 14 inch ones fought hard. The ride up took just 5 hours we all met in Salem, NH, went thru VT and on to the Adirondacks a nice enough ride. Will post photos in album.

"THE TUG IS THE DRUG"

Living the Dream, Tight Lines

BILL

Forum Salmon
Salmon

caddisfly4

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM EDT  

Glad you had a good time. Photo's would be nice. I can show you or you can read in the "How To's" how to put the photo's in the forum post.

Thanks for the Report

Lee
Wink

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Dave V (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM EDT  

Hey Caddis , Man that sounds like fun. I can't wait to go on vacation even more now. Looking fwd to your pictures. How many people did you say went on the trip ? Sounds like a very nice place.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: caddisfly4 (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM EDT  

There were 6 of us, two in my room with 2 queen size beds and 4 in a suite with a small refer and microwave. We went up in 2 trucks. Took me just about a half tank to get there, not bad for a 1500 GMC extended cab.

"THE TUG IS THE DRUG"

BILL

Forum Salmon
Salmon

caddisfly4

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM EDT  

Quote by: caddisfly4

There were 6 of us, two in my room with 2 queen size beds and 4 in a suite with a small refer and microwave. We went up in 2 trucks. Took me just about a half tank to get there, not bad for a 1500 GMC extended cab.

What were the gas prices out there in NY ? We are at $ 4.13 here in SD Mad Cost me 80 bucks the other day to fill up my truck Cry

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Mike (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM EDT  

Sounds like a great trip Big Grin

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
Scotia Canada
By: caddisfly4 (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 03:09 PM EDT  

I think it was $4.15 but VT was $3.95 . Hey you have to fish, you play you pay. I posted some pics in album but I think Lee has to clear them first. Hope I did it right this time.

"THE TUG IS THE DRUG"

BILL

Forum Salmon
Salmon

caddisfly4

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM EDT  

I will go check them out.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM EDT  

Quote by: caddisfly4

I posted some pics in album but I think Lee has to clear them first. Hope I did it right this time.

Caddisfly I don't think you did it correctly, because I see nothing waiting to be approved. Go into your album then on the pull down menu in the upper right click "Add Media". Use the Web Browser tab and point to the first 4 on that screen and save, you should get a message that they have uploaded but need to be approved. Keep doing those steps for all the pictures you have to upload.

Use the PM system if you are having trouble and you see that I am on line. We will get the picture up for you.

Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Wednesday, June 11 2008 @ 06:55 AM EDT  

Caddisfly

Tell me what the program is telling you when you try to upload the pictures?? I believe you have digital photos that are real large in size (over 2 meg) and that is the problem. You need to edit the photo's in a some software program and make them smaller (less then 2 meg). After you do that they should upload. Let me know whats going on.

Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level: