Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 02:44 PM EDT
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: David Kretschmar (offline)  Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 07:56 PM EDT (Read 2178 times)  

Spent the last two days in Pittsburg by myself trying to catch a few fish. Actually, I go up there a week or so after our high school baseball season ends, it lets me decompress, I never knew how much coaching would stress me out. Anyway, yesterday I got up there around noonish, and after checking in and setting up camp I spent the rest of the afternoon on Perry Stream. I caught a few natives, the biggest being around 9 inches, all on a Pheasant Tail nymph. This morning I tried the Conneticutt River above Magalloway, but had no luck. I went over to East Inlet and started catching fish left and right on a #14 Royal Wolf. I lost count of how many trout I caught in the outlet from the Inlet into the Second Lake. Most were in the 10-12 inch range, with one going a solid 14 inches. I also caught a 16" chub that put up a heck of a fight.  I need to go back soon.......ran into a young bull moose too, that was nice to see.

Click to view image

Click to view image

Click to view image

Forum Fry
Fry

David Kretschmar

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 08:11 PM EDT  

Hi David

Nice post.  I edited the post so the pictures will show in the post, edit it yourself to see what I did.  Also I am moving this post to Fishing Reports, more appropriate.  Hope you don't mind.  You can also go to help to see how to post those picture so they show in the post.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Ktbone (offline)  Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM EDT  

Nice! I need to get up there this year, I never made it last year.

-Keith
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ktbone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6
mind...back in a
minute
By: Dave V (offline)  Wednesday, June 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM EDT  

Nice-looking fish I'm pretty jealous . Our streams are still over the banks.  I'm glad somebody to getting out there catching fish

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Hendrickson (offline)  Friday, June 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM EDT  

Nice fish. Thanks for the post. Fishing

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
- Mark Twain

Forum Smolt
Smolt

Hendrickson

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1