Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Friday, March 29 2024 @ 01:46 AM EDT
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Dave V (offline)  Sunday, August 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM EDT (Read 1440 times)  

Went out for a couple hours to hit the Trico hatch . When I got to the stream there wasn't much of anything hatching . The water has dropped so my guess up stream they are starting to hold the water back . Along with the lower water I noticed the temps climbed a bit. The air temps were low 80's high 70's with some clouds forming behind me. I tried to fish dries but no response whatsoever. I went to a streamer the Wood Duck Heron . After several cast nothing .   The clouds were moving in fast and I was getting a little nervous. So I made one more cast and just as this trout hit my fly a bolt of lightning went right over my head with a loud crack and boom . Folks that were walking around were startled . I didnt even flinch . I had a fish to play Laughing Out Loud

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Sunday, August 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM EDT  

Nice fish bud.  Sure wish I had a chance to fish for wild fish like that.  It was wild???  

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Sunday, August 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM EDT  

No Lee these fish are stock holdovers .  The Bows don't reproduce in this pond.  They are spawning now but they have what is called a dead spawn . So i am told. The Browns get huge in there and below the dam .  We do have some very good wild trout fishing in the Hills . Most of those fish are small average fish with a few big fish mixed in .

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1