Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:15 PM EDT
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Hornberg (offline)  Tuesday, July 02 2013 @ 02:10 PM EDT (Read 1500 times)  

Holy High Water!!!!

My parents came down from Maine for a few days and was looking forward to fishing with Dad but this rain has been a bit of a downer for all the places I wanted to fish.  Instead of hitting up some bigger water we instead visited what used to be a small river just a few weeks ago.  How things change overnight!  The water is nearly at early spring runoff flow and right full of debris everywhere, thankfully some chunk bows decided to make an appearance so I aint gonna complain Smile

Fly of choice today was a #10 green/black bugger with a cone head and wrapped with more weight down the length of the whole body to it get down deep fast.  Had other smaller nymphs tied on the back as well but all fish came on the big buggers.

Dad in the rain

I started things off early but lost him before he came to the net, all nasty, fat, and full of energy make for tough fun fight on a 3 weight.  Shorty after my father hooked into one as well but he didn't have a net and he lost it before it could be landed but was a nice fish.

After that I quickly hooked up and landed 3 fish in 20 minutes, all nice fish.

We stayed for about 3 hours and got into a few more fish, all bows, and the rain never really let up.  Never the less dad was excited to pick up a couple nice rainbows since they don't exist up in northern maine.  Heres to next timeSmile

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
-Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Hornberg

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Tuesday, July 02 2013 @ 02:21 PM EDT  

Brad

You are the fisherman, great story and read.  Thats what makes this site so nice, we have great fisherman on it and they like to share with others what they are doing.  How big were the fish, looked like about 12".

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Hornberg (offline)  Tuesday, July 02 2013 @ 02:42 PM EDT  

Thanks Lee, they were about 13-15 inches each.

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
-Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Hornberg

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3
By: T_Bone (offline)  Tuesday, July 02 2013 @ 06:09 PM EDT  

Nice pictures and story.  Thank you for sharing!  The fish looked beautiful.

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1