Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:29 PM EDT
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Hornberg (offline)  Tuesday, April 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM EDT (Read 1564 times)  

Spent a couple hours bushwacking through some heavy brush in an attempt to find my way up to the marshy area of a mountain stream that I hoped would contain some nice beaver pools.  After being attacked by both black flies and alder bushes I finally started to get close, the terrain had leveled off and some nice pools started to form.  It was at this one I put together my stuff and rigged up a two nymph rig.  On my 3rd drift I had one!  He was a nice one too, took me right into a pile of roots and got prompty tangled up.  Got him out though.

I then moved on upstream fishing similar holes spooking many fishing and catching a few smaller ones.  I then came around a corner and was greeted by this.

I climbed up over it, tied on a small dry and got ready to have some fun.  Caught about a dozen trout before I had to make my way back home.  Heres some pictures of the rest of my day.

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
-Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Hornberg

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Tuesday, April 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM EDT  

Great story Brad

Next time try making an article out of it and post it in the Fishing Stories Catagory.  By posting your pictures in your album makes it easy to do a story.  Check out the help section to see how to do it.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Dave V (offline)  Tuesday, April 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM EDT  

Got to love them beaver dams . Nice work . Thumbup

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Hornberg (offline)  Tuesday, April 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM EDT  

Quote by: LeeGoldsmith

Great story Brad

Next time try making an article out of it and post it in the Fishing Stories Catagory.  By posting your pictures in your album makes it easy to do a story.  Check out the help section to see how to do it.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

I did look at the story editor but I have the computer skills of a 3 year old, serious!  I'll have to play around with when I get some time. 

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
-Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Grilse
Grilse

Hornberg

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1