Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:41 PM EDT
51 posts :: Page 4 of 6
By: Mike (offline)  Friday, March 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM EDT  

Those are all flies for the show next week in Moncton New Brunswick Dave

.......I have told you for years to get your arse up here and we'd take you salmon fishing Thumbup

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
Scotia Canada
By: Dave V (offline)  Friday, March 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM EDT  

Quote by: Mike

Those are all flies for the show next week in Moncton New Brunswick Dave

.......I have told you for years to get your arse up here and we'd take you salmon fishing Thumbup

Mike I would love to get up there. Building a garage this year so no trip back home or north of the border for me . I hope to be up your way maybe in a couple years . If I win powerball soonerBig Grin

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Mike (offline)  Saturday, March 17 2012 @ 05:17 AM EDT  

Keep buying those lotto tickets...LOL

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
Scotia Canada
By: stephen (offline)  Saturday, March 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM EDT  

I would love to see what a twelve pound miramichi fish would do to one of Dave's 

3 or 4 weight rods..or even his new bamboo rod.....with a little luck if he hangs on tight

he may be able to save the reel., Big Grin

Happy Fishing and Tying

Forum Salmon
Salmon

stephen

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Mike (offline)  Sunday, March 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM EDT  

Quote by: stephen

I would love to see what a twelve pound miramichi fish would do to one of Dave's 

3 or 4 weight rods..or even his new bamboo rod.....with a little luck if he hangs on tight

he may be able to save the reel., Big Grin

LMAO...yup those pansy roads won't do on the 'chi Big Grin  I got 3 or 4 real rods I could give him a lend of....and my reel holds 300 yards of backing for those 30lb fish Eek!

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
Scotia Canada
By: Koda (offline)  Sunday, March 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM EDT  

Dave, your goose is cooked bud! I got a good friend down in NJ that fishes the Salmon River in NY. He had a 40 pound King snap his rod in half for him right in the middle of the grip! He says it's combat fishing with tackle destroying monsters.  Myself, I'd LIKE to be dragged up and down the river by a big fishBig Grin

Stephen & Mike, we use those bantam rods for the "normal" size fish, but you're right, they'd be no match for a 30 pound salmon. Howsomever, it is delightful to see someone busting Dave's chops Mr. Green

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: Mike (offline)  Sunday, March 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM EDT  

Nothing pulls and fights like a big MSW Atlantic Salmon.....I really don't think an Airforce Type like Dave could handle it he would snap under the preasure long befor the rod didLaughing Out Loud

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
Scotia Canada
By: Koda (offline)  Sunday, March 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM EDT  

So Mike, if I read what your sayin, Dave is a milksop fly boy with nads only the size of a Texas armadillo and he don't have the stamina to take on much more than a stocked rainbow?  Surprised

And here I thought he was a stand up kinda guy, a man's man, a manly man. Well you know em longer than I do so I guess I'll have to take your word on it. Evil

Surprises me though, most of the dudes I know from Maine shave with chainsaws and shoot lever guns with one hand while they gut a deer with a knife in the other hand before it hits the ground.:wtf:

Just goes to prove, ya never know.  Ya just never knowShifty

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: Dave V (offline)  Sunday, March 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM EDT  

Keep talking just keep talking . All that smack talk has me Yawn. Now I know I might be able to handle myself with them fish on roids north of the border . Mike Stephen Koda take another look at that Lee Wulff video. I believe his little boo rod held up just fine. Its all in the skill of the user. Thus you use then telephone pole size rods and 300 yards of backing and I will show you how its done on a 7wt. As far as this fly boy . Again we get the job done with little . Takes 1 pilot to do the job of 1000 Army gruntsMr. Green Koda I dont use a chainsaw to shave anymore . I waxLaughing Out Loud

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Mike (offline)  Monday, March 19 2012 @ 05:41 AM EDT  

Quote by: Dave V

Takes 1 pilot to do the job of 1000 Army grunts 

Us grunts have to hold that ground that you fly boys pound the guts out of!! Without us holding it ya'll just wasted your time may as well have stayed in the ladies room with your unbrella drinks....Infantry Mr. Green

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Mike

Group Comfort
Level:
Scotia Canada
51 posts :: Page 4 of 6