Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 04:32 AM EDT
15 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Koda (offline)  Friday, June 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM EDT (Read 6313 times)  

If you guys think Brookies are a blast on a 2 weight try em on a 1 weight Big Grin  I hit the Beaver pond tonight. Stayed until I had to feel my way out of the woods. It was one of those "One more fish & then I'll leave" nights.  What a blast!  My buddy the beaver was ker plunking me. Saw some bats, rare these days, good news. Fire flies, and trout rising everywhere. Did the best I could with the little pocket camera in the dark pretty much. Ya gotta love them Brookies!  All fish back in and swiming for another day Mr. Green

All caught on "Near Enoughs" fished as emergers. SLAM!

Click to view image

Click to view image

Click to view image

Click to view image

Click to view image

Beaver is in this shot

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: Dave V (offline)  Friday, June 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM EDT  

Very well done Koda

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Saturday, June 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM EDT  

Koda those are some pretty Brook Trout.  How big are they running in that Beaver Pond??

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Saturday, June 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM EDT  

Lee

So far 4 to 12 inches. Oddly, I caught the bigger ones on the 1 weight Big Grin

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Ziggyz (offline)  Wednesday, July 04 2012 @ 10:18 AM EDT  

awesome koda nice report and fish Smile gotta talk to you about one of them one weights one of these days Smile

+Hunting and Fishing "Thats What I Do"

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Ziggyz

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: T_Bone (offline)  Wednesday, July 04 2012 @ 12:55 PM EDT  

Very nice Koda!

So about night fishing....  I hear that browns are best nabbed at night.  I understand fly fishing at night is very difficult but how would one go about it?

I think it would be pretty cool, the only concern I have is having a partner so as not to drown and not have any one discover it until morning.

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Wednesday, July 04 2012 @ 08:58 PM EDT  

T Bone

I believe it's game over 2 hours after sunset. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. Mr. Green

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Wednesday, July 04 2012 @ 09:27 PM EDT  

Quote by: T_Bone

Very nice Koda!

So about night fishing....  I hear that browns are best nabbed at night.  I understand fly fishing at night is very difficult but how would one go about it?

I think it would be pretty cool, the only concern I have is having a partner so as not to drown and not have any one discover it until morning.

I know that in Arkansas they catch some mighty large browns at night on the white river. I will look for photos

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: T_Bone (offline)  Thursday, July 05 2012 @ 02:44 PM EDT  

Quote by: Koda

T Bone

I believe it's game over 2 hours after sunset. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. Mr. Green

I was thinking the same thing Koda, but I know people fish at night, so what are the exact laws regarding it???

I have fished all night before for northerns, bull head (horn pout) catfish, lake trout, crappies, and even perch.  But that was in another state on a totally different body of water than here.  And I have heard of fellas fishing at night in the surf for stripers too.

So I would love to get some clarification about that.

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Saturday, July 07 2012 @ 11:38 AM EDT  

T Bone

If I'm reading it right trout are an hour before sunrise until 2 hours after sunset. Pout and the other fish seem to be a 24/7 event???

I have fished stripers in the dark as well as bass and pout. Sometimes that makes out, other times not.

I dunno. Next time I see Heidi I'll inquire Big Grin

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
15 posts :: Page 1 of 2