Lee's Fishing Page
MAINE - Life in the Slow Lane
Welcome to Lee's Fishing Page
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 12:48 PM EDT
20 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: T_Bone (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM EDT (Read 6079 times)  

Koda,

I had some questions about this model reel from your site.  I figured if we talked about it openly it might be good advertisement.  I am thinking come February for my Biday about purchasing this reel from you in a 6wt range.  I am still content inthe 5-6wt set up, as its versatility is a necessity form my stand point.

Does this model have spare spools made for it?  I would like to have a couple different line options available as I progress in my strategies for fish.  Is it a solid reel in your opinion?  I know it must be more solid then the plastic one I am currently using, but is it a lifetime purchase or soemthing I will get a couple good years from?

I also think that it looks beautiful and very well crafted.  And as I feel that I have come to know you. I would like to help your business where I can.

Thank you,

Theron

For any one interested in viewing this reel the link is:

www.blackbearflyfishing.com/servlet/the-74/Fishon-M60-Mid-Arbor/Detail

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4
By: LeeGoldsmith (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM EDT  

Koda

Go to the links menu option and add your two sites, should be self explanatory to fill out, pick the most appropriate catagory for the links and then enter.  They will get queued and I will then approve them.

See Yah
Thanks
Lee

Lee Goldsmith

Site Admin
Acton, Maine
Life in the Slow Lane

E-mail: Lee Goldsmith

Forum Admin
Admin

LeeGoldsmith

Group Comfort
Level:
: +7
By: Koda (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM EDT  

Thanks for the support Brother! The M60 is without doubt one of the biggest bangs for the bucks in a mid arbor fly reel on the planet. It's a silk smooth reel with a one way Torrington bearing and a drag system that can put the brakes on a strong salmon if called upon to do so. Yet it can be backed off to protect a one pound tippet. Counter balanced spools with exposed palming rim. Don't think I missed anything when this one was on the CAD system. The standard color is silver which is  a completely 100% machined from aluminum barstock reel. Then it's clear anodized.  I have had them in black, in a black and orange combination which is real pretty, and I've seen a few gold anodized. The silver is the front runner though and colors depend on production runs. Spare spools are available.

Since Lee's is where I'll be hanging out forever more, forum members here will get discounts on fly fishing gear Big Grin

I try to make it a point not to "advertise" on forums but since you asked, well I do answer questions if I know the answersMr. Green

Honestly, it's a well designed reel (had to say that, it's my design Big Grin) and it's a rugged reel. If one was connered by a disturbed black bear and the rod was reversed to whoop on said bear it is my sincere belief that the bear would get the worst end of the deal. After cleaning one's shorts they could resume fishing as if nothing happened. That's a guarantee! For the reel anyway. The rod may not fare so well depending on the material it's made from.

If you manage to wear it out in your lifetime (which I don't believe is possible as the innards are stainless steel) I'll just get you another one !

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM EDT  

Lee

I will do that Sir. Thank You! I'm still snooping around finding all the good stuff on this forum. The faster I have it all under my belt the faster I lure.......I mean invite, more campers over here.  We don't have scantily clad huggers here abouts so I'm going to tempt them with the atmoshere, the friendly crowd, the knowledge base.....Big Grin

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Take the time to enjoy the gifts of the Great Spirit along the way." Coug2wolfs ~ Dances With Bears

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: T_Bone (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM EDT  

Koda,

I didn't realize that you were actually behind your products.  I mean, I had no idea they were your designs and manufactured to your specs.  that makes me even feel better about purchasing one.

Can you get me spools for different lines for that reel?  Doing my homework first....

Thanks,

Theron

T_Bone

Forum Salmon
Salmon

T_Bone

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM EDT  

Sure is a pretty reel . I have to keep that in mind. So Koda I am taking a shot in the dark here but is the reel named after the M60 used by our folks in the military ?

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was
cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs.

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Koda (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM EDT  

Dave

You are spot on my friend! The M60 was ole reliable. Drop it off a slick, drag it through the rubber trees, the sand, and just whoop on it, and always, it worked. Though the reel is not belt fed, rather line fed, it's every bit as rugged and reliable Big Grin

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Koda

Group Comfort
Level:
By: Dave V (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM EDT  

Quote by: Koda

Dave

You are spot on my friend! The M60 was ole reliable. Drop it off a slick, drag it through the rubber trees, the sand, and just whoop on it, and always, it worked. Though the reel is not belt fed, rather line fed, it's every bit as rugged and reliable Big Grin

I knew it . Sure is a nice looking reel . You have my interest up. Maybe after i have my bamboo rod and reel set up that I have been saving up for I might be looking at a 11wt set up for those big salmon like the one in your friends picture. Maybe real soon. As long as Obama stays away from my military and VA retirement check . It might be real soon Jingle bells jingle bells.WinkThinking

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
By: stephen (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM EDT  

Hi Dave V.

Are you sure that you have the strength to run an 11 weight?...That is a man's rod.

Big Grin

Happy Fishing and Tying

Forum Salmon
Salmon

stephen

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5
By: Dave V (offline)  Thursday, September 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM EDT  

Quote by: stephen

Hi Dave V.

Are you sure that you have the strength to run an 11 weight?...That is a man's rod.

Big Grin

ClappingOK we are even Peter PanLaughing Out Loud   Can't say what I wanted to fear of being banded for lifeMr. Green

Forum Salmon
Salmon

Dave V

Group Comfort
Level:
20 posts :: Page 1 of 2